Earlier this year we were brainstorming best practices in product development and technology in economic development and wondered what would happen if we put the two together. We did just that in our new online site assessment tool – CreativeSiteAssessment.com.
We believe workforce development is the #1 challenge in economic development. The #2 challenge is product development.
- What are a community’s priority sites?
- Where to spend scare resources for site improvements?
- Which site to certify?
- How to take politics out of site development?
Creative Site Assessment is an independent, online tool that takes the guesswork out of site development.
How does Creative Site Assessment work?
- Economic developers answer approximately 30 questions about the site.
- Answers are scored using the same matrix evaluation system we use for onsite assessments and in site selection analysis.
- The site is given an overall score and category scores in utilities, transportation, and site characteristics.
- A report can be downloaded, printed, or saved that reports the site score, site image, site description, strengths and weaknesses.
- Use the reports to review sites with investors, stakeholders, elected leaders, and others.
Don’t invest in a site someone thinks is good – use Creative Site Assessment to know for sure.
At Creative EDC we write about best practices in our blog, we put them into practice in our work, but we love to come up with them on our own too.