Newberry County Economic Development works with existing and prospective businesses and industries in Newberry County, South Carolina, to facilitate investment and economic growth. They partnered with Creative EDC for the creation of an economic development strategic plan to guide future public investments.
The strategic planning process included a SWOT Analysis, Cluster & Workforce Analysis, Sites and Buildings Assessment, Best Practices, and Program Evaluations. The strategic plan was supported with input from over 400 citizens and stakeholders that took part in community input sessions, surveys, interviews, and came to public meetings.
Key goals of the strategic plan include:
- Attract, Retain, Grow, and Start-Up Businesses that will Provide Quality Jobs and Diversify the Economy
- Expand the Talent Pipeline
- Make Newberry County a Choice Location for Business, Citizens and Visitors
- Invest in Community Capacity Building
- Be a Leading Economic Development Organization in South Carolina
Newberry County is launching implementation in FY2024, starting with a focus on the BRE program.