The Certified Entrepreneurial Community (CEC®) program is an economic development strategy that helps communities become entrepreneur-ready. A Certified Entrepreneurial Community® signifies this is a place where entrepreneurs succeed.
The CEC® Program has been empowering both rural and up-and-coming communities since 2007 when it was created by AdvantageWest. Creative EDC purchased the award-winning CEC® Program from AdvantageWest in June when the organization closed. We created a joint venture with Entrepreneurial Places (Leslie Scott) and Innovative Economies (Emily Breedlove) to redesign the program.
The new CEC® website has detailed information about the program including certification process, benefits, pricing, and deliverables. Please check it out at CreativeCEC.com
Streamline the start-up process, connect existing assets, grow vibrant existing businesses, attract new innovative ventures into your community, and open the doors for additional market opportunity. Read More
- Action Plan for two entrepreneurship initiatives
- Coaching and technical assistance from an experienced CEC® team
- Measured program results through a Score Card
- Access to proprietary content on entrepreneur programs
- Website portal to access the Action Plan, Score Card, technical assistance, and network with other CEC® communities
- Leadership development for entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneur resource directory
- Best Practice Annual Meeting
How to Apply
We are accepting communities in two cohorts each year, January and July. In a CEC® community, Every Door Lead to Opportunity. Apply Here